Whether you are a new boater or have been boating for years, we have courses that are specifically designed to meet your needs.
All of our courses are held on the water and in real conditions. We specialize in private courses on your boat, on your waterway and at your dock. Our certified captains will not leave until you are 100% comfortable with what you have learned, no matter how long it takes. Don't worry if you do not have access to a boat, as we also offer classes on our boats.
Our "On the water" training is tailored for women who want to learn to how to safely operate their vessel. You can expect to learn close quarter handling, docking, what to do during an emergency, and anchoring. Other topics include radio operation, safety equipment, basic navigation and rules-of-the-road.
Pricing starting at $300 for 4-hours (up to 4 people)
Twin Engine Handling
Are you moving up from a single engine to a twin engine and are unsure how to safely operate the vessel. This course specifically focuses on how to safely maneuver in tight quarters and docking. We will spend time with you behind the wheel practicing at your dock and others as we provide tips and proper techniques for you to properly and effectively handle twin engines.
Pricing starting at $250 for 4-hours (up to 4 people)
New Vessel Delivery
Your local dealer did a great job of delivering your new boat, but you only had so much time with the delivery captain and you have all of these questions. When you are dockside H2O Limos we will go through your entire boat, all of the ship's systems, maintenance and any other questions that you may have.
Once you leave the dock with H2O Limos, you will learn how to find your most efficient cruising speeds, proper trim tab usage, how to anchor your boat, how to navigate in tight quarters, proper docking techniques including how to tie up your boat, proper use of electronics and navigational aids. H2O Limos will not leave your boat until you have all of your questions answered and you are comfortable with your new boat.
Prices starting at $350 for 4-hours (up to 4 people)
On Water GPS / Radar
Sitting in a classroom, you can only learn so much. Come spend a day with us and learn how to effectively use a GPS/radar in real life conditions. Learn to plot courses, find your favorite fishing hole or favorite restaurants. We will go through locating landmarks, shallow waters, channel markings and other navigational tools. Along with the GPS, we will teach you how to read a map effectively and feel comfortable and confident while boating.
Pricing starting at $250 for 4-hours (up to 2 people)
Frequently Asked Questions
Our "On-Water" training takes what you have learned from classroom instruction to practical, real life experience and situations. H2O Limos teaches boating with a structured or custom curriculum. All of our professors are USCG licensed, experienced, tested, professional Captains. You will gain confidence as you become safe, skilled boat operators.
- All of our captains are professional and have numerous years of boating experience on all types and sizes of yachts.
- H2O Limos insures that all of our professional can effectively communicate, teach and effectively explain what you need to learn to be a safe boater.
- All of H2O Limos professionals are insured and randomly drug tested
- We have extensive local knowledge of most waterways, are familiar with most marinas and have real On-Water experience with all docking situations. "We've been where you are!"
- Most of the H2O Limos instructors are experts in most propulsion systems, Gas and Diesel including Outboards (direct injection & 4-strokes), Stern Drives (alpha, bravo III & duo-props), Inboards, Jet Drives and the new Volvo IPS drive systems. "A Joystick won't replace Knowledge"
- Our Expertise includes most boat manufacturers including Sea Ray, Maxum, Bayliner, Baja, Scout, Carver, Cruisers, Boston Whaler, Rinker, Four Winns, Regal, Trophy, Vikiing, Fairline, Azimut, Mako, Formula, Etc. The list is endless!
- H2O Limos has qualified sailing endorsed Captains for training and delivery. All captains are experienced with all types of sailing configurations and sizes.
I know that you have been boating for 20 years, but if the captain on your boat has a heart attack or is injured, could you safely navigate the boat back to your dock? Could you properly use the radio and call for assistance? If you have an electrical malfunction on your vessel, can you safely get back to port without your GPS? Yes, you have radar on your boat, but do you know how to safely use it? Do you know the difference between a boat and land on the radar? If you cannot answer yes to all of the questions above, that you should consider one of the H2O Limos courses listed above.